Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Start of a New Journey

I'm new to blogging and not sure if anyone will read this but me, but this seems like a good way to track this new journey I'm on. On February 18th, 2014, I got a call that was an answer to prayer. What follows is my Facebook post from that day - I thought it would be a good way to see where I started from. 

At the beginning of the year instead of making resolutions I decided to set goals. One of these goals was to get closer to God and follow were He led me. With God's help I chose a verse for the year, Isaiah 43:19, to guide me. 

Another goal I made was to get healthier. I've been very discouraged in that goal so far and hadn't been able to decide on a "plan". I was beginning to feel like a failure and found myself pulling away from God as I usually do when I feel I have failed Him.

Today God showed me once again how much He loves me in spite of my failings. If you didn't see my earlier post, I had gone to an audition for the American Heart Association Better U Challenge on January 25th. Today I found out I was one of 15 women chosen out of over 100 to be part of this challenge. I will receive, for free, cardiologist screenings, dietitian consults, personal trainer, Health Strategies membership, and the support of other women changing their lives, for 12 weeks starting in mid-March. And I will have a mentor in my dear friend (sister), Cindy, who did the challenge last year!

God IS making something new, made a path I can clearly see, and is refreshing me with a cleansing river. I am humbled at His love for me.

Isaiah 43:19 NLT

For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.



1 comment:

  1. good job i like keep blogging u can do this we will all get through this together.

    ReplyDelete