Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Core

Someone told me today that I was an inspiration to them  . . . over the past month, as I have been sharing my journey on the Better U Challenge, I have had other people tell me that what I was posting on Facebook and in my blog was an inspiration and motivation to them. I don't get it - I'm just doing this for me. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired - of the aches, the pains, the high blood pressure, the headaches . . . I'm fed up with my unhealthy body and I'm determined to make it healthy even if it fights back!

But on Sunday I was having a BAD day. I had cheated too much on my eating the past few days, I was lazy in my workouts at the end of the week, and I desperately was craving chocolate chip ice cream. On top of all that I was frustrated with my hubby (over something I don't even remember now), AND I was already stressing about work on Monday AND my depression was getting the better of me, oh and did I say I was craving chocolate chip ice cream.  In my moment, or hour or two or three, of weakness, I posted on Facebook, "I give up".  I was astounded at what happened next. I had over a dozen comments of encouragement,and gentle chiding, some from friends I didn't even know read my statuses! I was brought to tears as I read these comments. I had not realized until that moment how many people were cheering me on.. So I decided to pull out my wii fit plus balance board and worked out for 20 minutes. And then I ate an apple, not quite chocolate chip ice cream, but it was pretty tasty after I put some cinnamon on it! (That's my snack tip of the week - apple slices with cinnamon on them!) 

I also realized something else. . . I had been so busy, and so absorbed in all the crap happening at work, and so consumed with all the other junk that life throws at you on any given day, that I had left God out of most of my week. Ooops, silly me. So I sat down and had a good long talk with Jesus. I read my Bible and my Made to Crave devotions. One thing we keep learning about in our Better U classes, is strengthening your core or the transverse abdominal muscle (see I learned something!), as this helps prevent injury, improves balance, and builds endurance. My relationship with God is my core and I have let it get weak.  I must strengthen my God core in order to prevent emotional injury, improve my life balance, and build my spiritual endurance. I've wandered away from God so many times in my life and I've seen how much better life is with Him, than without Him. So if I'm an inspiration to anyone, I want it to be in my spiritual health and not just in my physical health.  




My Progress on last weeks Goals:  
  1. Take a 30 minute walk at least 3 days this week.  - FAILED
  2. Add at least 1 more fruit/vegetable into my diet everyday (I'm averaging about 3, so need to get that up!) - FAILED 
My Goals for this week: April 13 - April 19, 2014, going to stick with last weeks goals because I'm NOT going to fail!:
  1. Take a 30 minute walk at least 3 days this week.  
  2. Add at least 1 more fruit/vegetable into my diet everyday (I'm averaging about 3, so need to get that up!) 
Verse(s) for this week: 

1 Timothy 4: 8 - Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come. 

Word for this week: 
TRAINING 



No comments:

Post a Comment